5,860 children in Weston-super-Mare are living in poverty. Weston Coast Branch Labour Party have been exploring the numbers in their wards. We want to #EndChildPoverty
Weston Coast Branch contains two of the most deprived wards in the country and some shocking child poverty figures.
A recent End Child Poverty report shows that:
- 35.31% of children in Weston Central Ward live in poverty
- 42.47% of children in South Ward live in poverty
- 20.94% of children in Uphill Ward live in poverty
- 27.74% of children in Hillside Ward live in poverty
This is completely unacceptable. To make matters worse - the Conservative government have no target set to reduce child poverty. This shows how serious they are about reducing poverty; not serious enough.
You can help Weston Labour in our fight to end child poverty.
- Join the Labour Party
- Sign the petition demanding the government set a target to reduce child poverty
- Follow us on Facebook and get involved with our campaigns
- Follow us on twitter and get involved and get involved with our campaigns