Making the most of your abilities –
Labour’s pledges on education & learning
Education is about helping individuals of all ages develop their talents and abilities so they can make the most of their lives and contribute fully to their communities and society.
Labour locally would help everyone by:
- investing in children’s crucial early years through services like Sure Start and specialist centres that have been shown to make a real difference;
- giving young people with special needs and disabilities a better deal;
- boosting partnerships between schools and mental health services so young people facing challenges can participate fully in educational opportunities open to them;
- enabling people of all ages to enjoy lifelong learning;
- protecting our threatened libraries.